In Year 12 our students are able to choose from a selection of A Levels and/or Level 3 BTEC subjects.
Please view our Sixth Form Course Booklet at the bottom of this page to view our current Sixth form offer.
We are firm believers in learning by doing and the employer projects are a key feature of our curriculum. Our employer sponsors will set exciting and challenging technical projects that will inspire you to develop your skills and give you the chance to test them out in a real-life context.
The GPUTC KS5 program covers the following key points;
• Delivered as a study programme which combines qualifications and other activities such as employer projects, challenges and career guidance and support which is tailored to each student’s prior attainment and career goals
• The GPUTC core aims are for our learners to study STEM subjects at KS5 which is the study of substantial technical and academic qualification(s) and preparation for employment
• Learners who do not hold a GCSE grade 4 (reformed grading) or grade C (legacy grading) in maths and/or English are required to continue these subjects as part of their study programme
• All study programmes include work experience and non-qualification activities through our employer sponsors, which complement the other elements of the programme and support the learner to progress to further or higher education or to employment
Conditional offers for GPUTC Sixth Form are offered based on students securing the following:
- At least a grade 5 in Maths and Science, plus 3 other GCSEs at grade 5 or above.
- A grade 6 in Maths and Physics (or Combined Science) is required if you are intending to study these subjects at A Level.
- To progress onto a level 3 course you must have secured a grade 4 in either GCSE English Literature or Language.
- Level 3 Engineering and Built Environment require significant numeracy skills and scientific aptitude so as strong as possible performance in these subjects would be beneficial to your transition into Key Stage 5 studies.
At the GPUTC, you will get real-life work experience by getting involved in Employer Projects through our employers and key sponsors, which will maximise your chances of getting a rewarding and respected job when you leave us.
Thinking of going to University?
When you have completed your studies at GPUTC, you will be in a prime position when it comes to applying for a place at university with the added value of real-life work experience to support your application.