Greater Peterborough UTC accepts applications from young people who are passionate about a career in STEM and are looking for something a little bit different. We treat our students as young professionals and equip them with the knowledge, skills and behaviours they will need to excel in their chosen career. Our careers provision is in the top 7% of schools nationally so every student can expect top-quality, personalised guidance which supports them on their journey.
You can book your place on this years open events - here! Or call to arrange a 1-1 tour of our facilities.
To complete an application for September 2021 please click the below links!
What is Greater Peterborough UTC?
GPUTC are proud to be Peterborough's first STEM-specialist school, giving young people the chance to follow a unique academic and technical curriculum into higher education or the world of work.
Our £25 million campus was opened in September 2016 and has rapidly established itself as one of the highest performing schools in the area. Our campus includes industry-standard workshops and IT design studios, as well as specialist Science labs and state of the art digital Engineering equipment.
Here at GPUTC, we pride ourselves on our ability to secure outstanding destinations for all of our students. Every one of our leavers has successfully enrolled onto courses or started job roles relevant and appropriate to their individual passions and career aspirations. We are the area's leading educational establishment for the Engineers, Architects, Scientists and Designers of the future, specialising in educating the tech-savvy workforce required for the evolving modern world.
The most exciting element of the GPUTC experience is our employer-shaped, industry-facing curriculum, giving our students the ability to not just gain vital qualifications, but also giving them the chance to develop the skills and behaviours required to be successful in the workplace. Through these unique and diverse links with industry partners, our students are able to explore, connect, evaluate and justify the best solutions to real-world problems whilst also gaining support and advice from some of the region’s most important employers.
See Mr Bisley’s Principal’s welcome to all prospective parents and students:
What is a UTC?
The Baker Dearing Trust explain the principles behind a UTC education.
If at the end of your virtual tour, you have any questions please get in touch:
Queries about the Application Process: firstname.lastname@example.org
General enquiries: email@example.com
If you are a current or prospective parent with a question for the Senior Leadership Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
What makes us unique?
- In the top 7% of schools nationally for the quality of our careers advice
- 60% of our Level 3 technical students achieved a Distinction*, with 90% achieving a Merit and 100% achieving a Pass.
- Apprenticeships and University are given equal weighting throughout the school – students pick the path that is suitable for them and are supported to aim for ambitious outcomes.
- Our Enrichment programme gives all students an opportunity to expand their skills set and interests and has included Machine Skills, Sea Cadets, Coding and Robotics, CNC/ 3D printing, The Baker Award and Junior Field Gun Challenge.
- Our industry-standard equipment gives students the opportunity to learn in real-world scenarios.
- Our open-plan Key Stage 5 learning spaces promote independence and professionalism.
Want to learn even more?
Please see the links on the right (below on mobile devices) for more information about Peterborough's only STEM-specialist school.